The Nanaimo Blues Society (the Society) is a BC registered non-profit society that was founded in October 2004 and is led by a committed volunteer board with a passion for Blues music and a desire to add to the culture and vitality of Nanaimo. The Society’s aims are to:
- Establish, promote and maintain Summertime Blues! a world-class Blues Festival in downtown Nanaimo, BC drawing from the wealth of fine blues musicians in BC, across the country and around the world;
- Develop and present other musical events that will provide enjoyment for the community, showcase Nanaimo and area musical talent, build an understanding of and appreciation for the Blues and stimulate the local economy;
- Develop ways to engage youth in music, and provide youth with opportunities for musical education and development;
- Foster and encourage mentorship among musicians and create opportunities (workshops, jams, etc) for education, networking and exchange of knowledge; and
- Build lasting partnerships with Nanaimo area businesses and organizations in support of the Society’s objectives.
For more information and/or you are interested in joining The Nanaimo Blues Society please contact us.